Monday, September 8, 2008

Watch Out For Whiplash

Alright, I'm back at it. Slight delay with the working out portion. I got whiplash from tubing at Dr. Pennington's on Sunday the 16th. I know, it sounds lame. I'm telling ya', that man was bound and determined to knock Deana and I off that tube. I was more determined to not fall off. I won yet he got the last laugh. For those of you that don't know, whiplash is very painful. Very painful.
I have tried to keep up with my walking. I seem to do much better when I go to the clinic and walk there. I'm more focused on what I'm doing. I think it's because there isn't anything to steal my focus from walking. No animals or pretty flowers for me to veer off my path to go see. No sprinklers to run through or around, depending on my mood. While walking on the treadmill I either wear my earphones or I watch the tv they have. To hear the tv you need to wear the headphones they provide. I don't wear them. I watch silently. Yeah, that doesn't really make time go by faster but it can get interesting. I like to close my eyes and daydream while I'm walking. Sometimes I picture myself walking along the beach and sometimes I'm going through the woods. Sometimes I'm just walking along and I meet the man of my dreams along the path. Never happens in real life. That's why it's called daydreaming. There's some little tidbits about my walking.

My diet has sucked ass. Yes, I said it, sucked ass. I'm not doing very good. I do try. I went grocery shopping and purchased all new food. I threw away the crap I had at home that was not good for me to eat. I really don't like having to pay attention. I don't enjoy having to see how many carbs are in the meal before I can eat it. I want to eat healthy. I really want to lose weight. Why can't I bring myself to enjoy the carb counting part? Why do I have to fight with myself? Why can't I just see where I'm coming from? Sometimes I think it would just be easier if I simply quit eating. There wouldn't be anything to count. I wouldn't have to pay attention. However, I'd get hungry. I'm not a fan of being hungry. It actually scares me. I've never been deprived of food but I'm scared of not having any. I got some issues. I have an appointment with Lunch Lady on Thursday. I'll ask her how I can handle it better.

I also have an appointment with Dr. Hawkins on Thursday. Wonder what he'll have to say to me. Not sure really what we're gonna cover. I couldn't take the medication he wanted me to. I haven't finished the book he wanted me to read. I will get weighed and find out all my new percentages. Maybe I'll get a new pair of sunglasses! It's doubtful but keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering where your updates were :) I've been looking online at food/exercise journals. Have they pointed you to any good ones?? I so want to see you! Did you get my message at work? I tried to come see you after I went and saw Sarah :)

Anonymous said...

It's alright. Restart! You're back on the horse now (not the man, though. I can't help you with that one). On Wednesday, I want to see what kind of food you got at the store. For reals.