Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BooBoo

I'm back on the sidelines. I've been doing great. Working out. Eating right. I'm eating right but I have to take a break with working out. I had surgery on my right wrist last Friday. I had a Ganglino cyst that had intertwinned throughout my tendons and bones. They put me out completely. I love going under! I know I'm weird but I love it! I was talking to the nurse about something and then next thing I know I'm waking up looking at a complelty different person. And, she's telling me I can't have coffee with cream and sugar yet. I said I didn't ask for any and she told me I just had. Even under anesthetics I want my coffee! Just so you know, I never got any coffee.

I was under the impression that this surgery wasn't going to be anything big. 30 minutes and Dr. Mclain is in and out. Turns out it lasted an hour. No big deal. I also thought I was going to have a nice little splint. Effective yet not invasive. This is what I ended up with (look below). I'm trying to learn how to use my left hand. It's hard. In fact, it's hard to type this out. Forgive my mistakes.









I went to Kerchers this last Sunday for their Harvest Festival thing. I went with Howard, Christy, Taylor, Landon, and Angie. I had a blast! We went through the corn maze. Taylor and Angie led us down a dead end. Go figure ;-) Landon had a hard time picking out his pumpkin. He was more interested in playing in the dirt. Eh, he's 4. Angie got an awesome green pumpkin. So did Taylor. The hayride was a blast. The family enjoyed it.








Here are my future farmers!!!


It was a good weekend despite my burgered up arm. Only 1.5 weeks left in the cast!! Yay! I'll be measuring myself at the end of the week. I'll post it for you all to see. Gives you something to look forward to ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the harvest fest invite. I love hanging w/ your fam and my mini-boyfriend. Future in-laws, right? :)

Next time you go under and ask for coffee specify that you'd like it at a drinkable temperature and preferably from Starbucks. See what they say.

Abbaybay said...

Tracy, i'm sorry about your big ass cast. :) I hope everything is going great. miss you!

Brandi Dawn said...

Glad to hear the surgery went great...minus having the annoying cast. :) Your nephews are just soo cute! I love the "future farmers" photos of them! SOOO stinkin' cute!

Christy said...

Love the pictures of my kids!!! The pictures of me makes me think I need to see Dr. Hawkins and the lunch lady with you!