Monday, October 20, 2008

Free at last! My arm is free at last!

The cast is off!! It is so liberating to have the use of my right hand back. It's not 100% yet but I know I'll get there. The wound wasn't exactly what I, or the doctor, was expecting. Actually, the doctor came in and said "Oh shit. What went wrong?" Not something you want to hear. I cried. For some reason the stitches rolled over and it looked like a skin wave on my wrist. It has since slightly flattened out and the scab has fallen off. It looks better. I'm doing physical therapy to help get the last 10% of use I seem to be missing. I can't wait to put my bra on like a normal person!!


The hospital is offering a health screening and if you partake you can save money off your insurance premiums. Of course I participated. It consists of a blood draw for lipid panel and thyroid. The lady poked me 4 times. Like they always say "Fourth times a charm". Wait, that doesn't sound right....Anyways, they also weigh you on the Tanita scale which is what I get weighed on at the clinic. I'm down 6 pounds from my begining weight!! Woot Woot!! It's slow but it's going.


Here are my measurements from 3 months ago:
Arm~16.5
Bust~53.5
Waist~51
Hip~54.25
Leg~26.5


Here are my measurements from today:
Arm~16.5
Bust~52.75
Waist~48
Hip~48
Leg~25.5


I must toot my own horn right now. TOOT!! TOOT!!!


For the last three weekends I have been going to pumpkin patches. On October 11th, Cassie, Brandon, Travis, Jackson, Howard, Landon and I went to Fashion Farm in Ligonier. We had a good time. Here are some pictures from that:




This last weekend, Christy, Taylor, Landon and I went to the Pumpkin Patch in Elkhart. That was really cool. Here's some pictures from that:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some might think you have an addiction... to pumpkins. Have you toasted any seeds yet?

You're really losing off your waist and hips! Excellent! :) Good job!

Sarah said...

Those measurements are awesome!! I'm so excited for you! I did that health screen too and got results that I did NOT want to hear. So I need to get crackin' on it...

Those pictures are too cute! Of course my kid is in some of them so maybe I'm a bit biased... ;) You need to email all the pics from that day to me so I can put them in his scrapbook. He had so much fun with you guys that day so I'm glad I suggested that you call Travis. I'm a smart cookie sometimes :)

Love you!

Brandi Dawn said...

Hip Hip Hoooooray for the measurements! Sooo proud of you for sticking with it!! Hope the arm dealio gets better. I would've cried too, but i am just an emotional person that cries at the drop of a hat. Shooot..I teared up when i read that you cried. Dang it for being a girl with crazy emotions. :)

I am extremely jealous of you! I haven't been to a pumpkin patch in years and you have been to more than 1 this year. I don't even have any pumpkins on my porch this year. MAN..I suck! I didn't buy the pumpkins i liked earlier this month because I though $3.99 was toooo much! Umm...now they are $4.99 everywhere i look. :( Those are some pretty cute kids you had along with you! That always makes it a fun time!

Christy said...

Forget my kids being cute! I think we are way cute! The puzzled expression says it all. haha

Congrats on the measurements! I am so proud of you! Of course... you do whine all the way through the trails...

love you!

Anonymous said...

tagged you! check my blog :)

Anonymous said...

I tagged you too! (Go read my latest blog)

That's tag #2 so like you basically HAVE to do it :)

Addi said...

Oh no - I just tagged you...I didn't realize you have been tagged so much! #3...get on it! :)