Monday, July 28, 2008

No mas Topamax!

I'm done with the Topamax. I had an allergic reaction to it Friday night. I was sitting there watching tv and next thing I know my throat is swelling up. I was having a hard time breathing and swallowing. I texted Deana to see what I should do. She told me to take Benadryl. Of course I didn't have any at my house so I had to make a trip to Walgreens.

On my way to the store I notice that I can see my cheeks. Normally, when I look down, I can see an outline of my cheeks. Not this time. I had a full mountainous view of them. I pulled down my visor to check out my face. Yup. It was swollen too. My heart was beating so fast. It was not a good time to have a panic attack. I go into Walgreens and demand Benadryl from the Pharmacist. He didn't ask why. Guess he saw it in my SWOLLEN FACE!!!! I purchased my drugs and a Diet Coke and as soon as I got in my car I took two pills. Now what?

I didn't want to be alone, in case it got worse and I could no longer breathe at all, so I went to Mark and Brandon's house. I hung out there until my Benadryl started kicking in. My throat started loosening up. I could breathe better, and the Benadryl was starting to kick my sleepy butt. I decided I had to drive home then and there if I was going to make it home at all. I made it home. Don't really remember the trip though.

Deana said not to go to sleep until my throat was unswollen. I fought to keep myself awake until I felt safe enough to fall asleep. I slept hard. My alarm went off at 9am and I did not want to get out of bed. But I did. And I worked at the fair. And I babysat Lilly. And I crashed Saturday night.

Moral of this story is I will never be taking Topamax again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny! And I looked for you at the Fair Friday and you weren't there :( I was excited for a Tracy hug and kiss. Post some tips on what they say to do for not over eating, b/c I tend to be a pro at it.

Anonymous said...

Tracy- I am so excited for you! We are here, not to tell you "you shouldn't have that", But to SHARE it with you!!!Just Joking- We will be the support that you need, even if it's at 3:00 am. You are Da Bomb !!!! Love ya-Shel.

Anonymous said...

Glad your throat responded to
Benadryl. I would have been soooo sad if it didn't. I still am a bit miffed that you didn't call the nurse on call, but she probably would've panicked and run to pick your tush up. Good luck with your work-out. Our arm-wrestling competitions begin next week.
Jamie