Friday, August 1, 2008

Week One Down!

I have got to start off with thanking everyone for all the love and support I have received. It has been amazing!! When there are times I no longer believe in myself I can remember that you all believe in me and that will get me through. You are all amazing!!

My first week is done. As you may remember, I am unable to take Topamax for migraines because I am allergic. Remember that, it will come in handy later.

Monday went great! I went to the gym after work. I did the whole workout. It took me about an hour. By the time I made it to the big ball for crunches I wanted to crawl. I have to admit though, I did feel good. I left there a sweaty smelly girl and I loved it!! I cooked chicken with zuchinni, broccoli, and green peppers for dinner. My mamma came over and ate with me. I had to run to Walgreens to pick up some stuff and I ran into the pharmacist. He rememeberd me. I asked if he wanted his Topamax back and he said flush it down the toilet and never ever take it again. A puffy face is a face one never forgets.

I didn't go to the gym on Tuesday. It was a walking day so I figured I'd walk around my neighborhood after work. I really should have gone to the gym in the morning because by the time I got off work it was so freaking hot. The gym closes at 4:30 on Tuesday. I only walked for 15 minutes. I wanted to cry! I'm not a huge fan of intense heat and humidity.

I did my 30 minute walk on Wednesday. It was nice. Got some frustrations out. Love you Shell!!!
I am embarrassed to admit I didn't do my workout Thursday. I woke up at the time my alarm went off and my head was exploding. I serioulsy thought my nose was gonna blow off my face. I had a migraine. Can you believe it?? A freaking migraine. I went back to bed and woke up at 8am. I'm supposed to be at work at 8am. I called them and said I'd be in when I could. Not a nice day. Rather painful. No workout. I feel quilty. Kinda like I already failed but it's only the first week. I can totally make it up.

I'm looking forward to next week. I hope it turns out a bit better than this one. I'm really gonna push myself. I'm ready to be buff and sexy!! Whoa!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Tracy, as I was reading this I clapped my hands and said "Go Tracy!" out loud :) Don't be down on your self. YOU WORKED OUT!! How awesome is that??? I'm so proud of you girl! I have a really awesome recipe I'm gonna email you, it's full of veggies, you'll love it!

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! Congrats to surviving your first week. It's all done one day at a time along with one pound at a time. I've tried sizzling here in 115 degree AZ sun...hoping it would fry some pounds off of my butt and sad to report...it is not that easy!! You have my support. Your Favorite Aunt in AZ...Ruthie

Sarah said...

Do NOT feel bad about not working out one day. This is only your first week and it's going to take a while to get into a good routine. I'm so proud of you for working out/walking as much as you did!! You will get there and I can't wait to see you progress to that point!!

Anonymous said...

You're right you didn't work out ONE day, but look how many days you DID workout! Keep the positive stuff in your head! It takes time to really get a rhythym and a routine...Keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

Yea you missed a day. Get over it :) Look at how much you did work out and remember that. We're all pulling for you. Let me know when you want to go for a walk. . . or a jog ;) LOVE YOU! ~Angie

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! Don't feel guily about one day, even the average "gym goer" misses a day here and there! Believe me, I know! Keep up the good work! Love you.