Thursday, August 7, 2008

Early does not make me happy

I did it!! I got up early this morning and went to the gym. As much as I want to say I loved it, I didn't. At all. Getting up early is for the birds and only the birds. I had to swear at myself to get me out of bed. I hurt my own feelings :-( It was not pretty. But I made it there by 6:38am. There was only one other lady there that was crazy enough to wake up early. I only walked for 15 minutes. I wasn't sure how much time I had since this was my first time in the morning and I had to shower and get to work by 8am.

I did my work out, which did feel good, but I got all hot and sweaty. I think I may be ready to add some more sets or more weight. I'll bring that up to "The Lady" next week. I still don't know her name. The guys name is Jeff. That's all I know.

I showered after my work out. I was so proud of myself for packing my scrubs and everything so I could go straight to work afterwards. I'm laying out my clothes for after my shower when I realize I am not as good as I thought I was. I forgot to pack underwear. There's no way I was gonna wear the dirty ones I just exercised in. No way I could not wear any underwear. It doesn't seem right with khaki pants that are thin. I ended up having to run home before going to work so I could put underwear on. I also had a glass of water while I was home.

I totally made it to work on time. Not a problem. I know I have to keep doing this early Thursday morning thing but I'm not happy about it. People say that you get used to it. I have my own theory. I am not fit enough to enjoy early morning work outs. It wears me out and I get grouchy. However, for fit and trim people it's fun because they don't have the extra weight to carry around. And they're usually crazy people anyways. But I love them!!

I don't think I've lost any weight. I feel the same. I'm more of an instant gratification person. I wish I saw some sort of difference. I think it would help with my determination.

Thanks again for all our help and support! I love you all!!! Shannon, you rock my world. I miss you!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thank goodness you stopped and got underwear! The thought of you having been commando today- :-0 !
You are doing great and I admire not only your desire to get healthy- but your willingness to share with the rest of us! Much love to you! Jen
P.S. Does El Camino fit into this plan somewhere?

Addi said...

Hey! Anytime you want to walk to the dam or something at lunch...email me and I will go with you! I hate hot days too, so let's do it on some cooler fall days! :)