Monday, August 18, 2008

Seriously? Where's the rest of the food?

WARNING!! I am in the process of changing my eating habits. It's not going to be pretty. Please bear with me.


I met with my dietitian Thursday. She's a very nice lady, alas, I do not remember her name. Let's call her lunch lady. I had fun with her. We laughed. I cried. It was emotional. I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I love it. I didn't get this figure from shunning away from good food. Lunch lady decided to put me on an insulin resistance diet. I have a family history of diabetes and we're trying to be proactive.

The plus side is that no foods are totally out of my life. Of course most are better for me than others. The hardest part is going to be portion control. What is with this world? I am so accustomed to large portion sizes. Have you ever seen the right way? There's barely any food there. I asked lunch lady if she was hiding the rest behind her pyramid. She just laughed at me. I need to get me a set of rubber food like she has and carry it around so I can compare sizes. I am allotted 2-3 servings (which is 15 grams a serving) of carbs per lunch and dinner. 2-3 servings of meat/cheese and 1 serving of fat. I also have a breakfast and snack in there.


They took my weight again at this appointment. I gained 1.5 pounds. Not good. However, I lost 4% body fat and gained 2% muscle. They said that's good. I'm gonna believe them.

Work outs are going great. I'm actually enjoying that part. I got my Gazelle thingy set up in my living room for those days I don't feel like walking. It's a nice change up.


It's gonna be hell these next few weeks. I hope beyond hope that I start to see results. It will make it so much easier!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing great! You can keep it up, no problem. I love your story about the portion. . .

Unknown said...

I get excited every time I see you have updated your blog. I always laugh and get motivated. It's going to be amazing the day that you type in all caps, "I've hit my goal!!" :) Love sent your way!

Brandi Dawn said...

Hi Tracy! I think what you are doing is great and takes an enormous amount of willpower and you are just the girl to "muster up" that willpower. Be patient..you will results in no time. P.S. I love that you call your dietician "lunch lady"!

Sarah said...

Just remember - actual pounds don't count if you're losing body fat and inches!!

And good luck with the portioning! You're strong and you'll be used to it in no time!

Addi said...

You gained muscle! That is AWESOME!! Your workouts are paying off!! Great job